Why Do-It-Yourself?Our DIY security system is a cost-effective security solution that requires minimal set-up. These systems are also perfect for areas where we may not have installation technicians (Yet!). Each system arrives pre-programmed by one of our expert technicians and is ready to install in 20 minutes or less.
How do I know what security system will be best for my home?We have three different Turnip Home DIY systems to choose from to find the perfect solution for your home.
- The Seed – This system is designed for condos, townhouses, and smaller homes. It covers 2 doors or windows and adds motion detection to one room.
- The Sprout – This system is designed for medium sized homes and small businesses. It will cover 3 doors or windows and adds motion detection to two rooms.
- The Root – This system is designed for the ultimate home protection with both security & environmental devices. Similar security as “The Seedling” package with the additional; protection for fires, floods, and extreme temperatures.
- Pin Pads
- Door/Window Sensors
- Motion Sensors
- Indoor Cameras
- Wireless Sirens
The Root system can also add on additional:
- Smoke Detectors
- Flood & Temperature Sensors
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
Each system comes equipped with self-monitoring capabilities which can be monitored from the Turnip HQ app. To inquire about live monitoring please give us a call at 1-833-4TURNIP.
How long will it take to get my system?
Once you have chosen your DIY security system and extras, our technicians will ensure that your system is shipped out within 24 hours.
How do I Install my DIY Security system?
Once your Turnip DIY system has arrived at your house, follow the next steps to install your system:
1. Turn on your system and connect your Turnip Hub - You will first need to assemble the Turnip hub by removing it from its packaging and attaching it to the optional stand. This device controls your entire system and should be placed as close to the middle of your home as possible. Plug-in the ethernet cable into the back of the device followed by the power adapter. You should see the lights on the Hub turn on and allow a few minutes for the device to connect to the internet.
2. Mount all sensors - All sensors are programmed before they arrive by our technicians. This means you can simply peel and stick the sensors and they will be automatically paired to the Hub. First, you must pull the battery tabs out of each sensor and you will hear an audible chime that confirms the connection of each sensor to the Hub. Secondly, you will peel off the protective backing from the adhesive surface and stick the sensor onto the intended surface.
3. Set up your cameras - Power on the camera by plugging it into a power outlet, we recommend completing this step in a convenient location. Once connected the camera can be unplugged and moved to the desired installation site - this applied to outdoor cameras as well
Start by resetting the camera - hold the reset button on the camera for 10 seconds. Allow the camera to fully reset before moving on to the following steps. The LED light will blink blue when the camera is ready to be paired.
The setup process for cameras will require you to download and install the Turnip HQ app on your mobile device.
Once in the application please complete the following steps:
- Log into the application using the credential provided with your order.
- From the camera tab in the Turnip, HQ App press on the "+" icon on the upper right-hand corner to go to the scan QR code interface.
- Scan the QR code on the camera
- Follow the app wizard to complete the installation
The camera should now be connected to your home wifi and Turnip HQ app.
What features do the DIY Security systems have?1. Real-Time Notification
Receive real-time notifications of your doors and windows opening. The Turnip HQ app will provide you with an alert on your smartphone whenever your home is entered. The app will also register anytime the system is armed or disarmed so you do not have to worry about forgetting if you turned the alarm on or not.
2. Two-Way Voice Audio
All of our cameras are equipped with two-way audio so you can stay in touch with your pets throughout the day or warn intruders about your presence.
Take your DIY system with you when you move! If you have to move, simply box up your system and set it up again wherever you may end up.
Think a DIY system is right for you? Contact us to get yours today!